My friends told me how to fix a water damaged cell phone, but I did not believe them. Grab a bag of rice, they said, and drop it in. Time will take care of the rest, they said. It will be good as new, they said.
It did not work for me, but it could work for you. If you are lucky. Otherwise, you might have to take it to someone who knows what to do. No matter what cell phone repairs you are in desperate need of, these five facts should help make your iPhone repair situation slightly more tolerable.
1. Since the launch of the iPhone in 2007, Apple has sold 85 million of them. Two of those purchases have been from me, plus one from my dad, one from my brother and at least one from almost everyone else I know. So it should not be surprising that an iPhone broken screen or phone battery issue will happen from time to time, but it always is.
2. It might still be called a phone but at this point, it is basically a mini computer. Two of the most popular smartphone activities are texting and taking photos, capabilities that can cause more injuries that require cell phone repairs more frequently. A cracked screen means no quality photos or easy on-screen touch typing, so be careful!
3. A very small number of water damaged iPhone accidents involve spilled beer. Only around 12 percent of accidents that require cell phone repairs are from spilled beer, which means that the problem might not be the drinking, but the general clumsiness of the drinker. Hold on tightly to your booze and do not knock it over!
4. Water is the most commonly spilled liquid onto iPhones, though soda comes in second. Again, it does not necessarily have anything to do with alcohol. It does, however, have a lot to do with the care the user puts into his or her phone. Keep it away from liquids and you will also keep it away from needing cell phone repairs.
5. If you can make it through your first year with your new iPad 2, you are set. Nearly 10 percent of iPad 2 users will experience a damaging incident, such as a shattered screen, within the first year of getting one. Save yourself the hassle of tablet and cell phone repairs and treat your electronic extremities like children.
Simple steps will help you prevent any more unnecessary cell phone repairs for your devices. Be careful, be watchful and be protective. Save the money you would spend on cell phone repairs or a new phone and treat yourself to something nice.