What are CNC tooling products? What are boring heads and machines, how did the machine tool industry start, and what goes into being a CNC machine manufacturer?
1. CNC machines are machine tools that use programs and execute machining operations automatically.
2. Early machine tools that were instrumental included a screw cutting lathe, a slide rest lathe, a metal planer, and a milling machine. And believe it or not, all of these tools were used before 1840.
3. In terms of managing tools and measuring them, using a presetter is definitely beneficial.
4. Did you know that there are many types of boring? For example, in one kind the boring bar support is on both ends when an existing hole is past a hole. However, in another kind, it is only supported at one end, which is more versatile because it can be used on both blind holes and through holes.
5. Developing the machine tool industry was started in part by boring machines and latches for boring cannon barrels.